What I loved:I was able to streamline my data tracking and intervention processes even more this year, and was very happy with the results! I was able to use my data tracking binder to track how well students understand rhythmic and melodic concepts, and was able to provide intervention to more students. My first graders had a statistically significant increase in meeting their growth target for rhythmic dictation, and I think it's partly because of this process! For more information about data tracking and downloading the binder for free, see this blog post.
What I could do better:I talked in this podcast about how I realized recently that a.) I don't do listening lessons as often as I should, and b.) it's partly because I'm not always using music that I LOVE. I have started tweaking and creating lessons for this year, but this is on my list of things to really delve into next year!